Monday, July 18, 2011

FOOD...FUN....& SUN!!!!!

Dylan is the tall one on the dock....it's been perfect weather for swimming!!
Dylan had Jacob spend the night and being a good host he took the floor, but he has gotten so tall his feet stick out the door!!

Hog roast at Jim & Linda's  Julie, James and Betty Boob

Dusty in background with Julie and James and Betty closer

Calvin Stevens getting things ready for the hog

Cal and Kenny compare notes..both great cooks!!!

Linda's two grand kids, Eric and Haley and great-grand baby Chanel

Chanel and Eric spend a touching moment


Now this is one big HOG...YUM YUM!!!!
 The weather has been wonderful!!!  And this week it is suppose to be in high 90's.  I do believe this is the warmest summer we have had here since we started coming in 2006.  But it still doesn't compare with the summer of 1988 when we lived in Wapokaneta, OH...that was one HOT summer.  In fact it has been so warm here that I actually had Dusty buy me a float and I may for the first time venture into the lake here...that is if my cold doesn't get worse.  Dylan had a cold last week and I came down with it on Saturday.  But that hasn't kept him from swimming with the boys.
The "Man" and his cooker with a wonderful hog


Kenny taking the chicken off the grill

For Connie..Your boys are fine!!

Now comes the time to get the pork ready to serve...Dave Wilson waits patiently...but definitely over ate that day!!  Right Laura?

Food on and you don't have to tell this group twice!!!

How about this...I got Jennifer to take our picture for a change

Dusty telling Tony and TJ how nice it is to see them out here

Sure glad Calvin brought the tent..it was warm out

Dusty enjoying his meal
On Saturday Jim Scanlon and Linda Gradeless had their annual Family & Friends Hog Roast.  The hog was over 365 lbs. and as usual Cal and Sandy Stevens and helpers out did themselves.  It was delicious.  Kenny also was doing chicken but I am afraid I didn't eat any but heard it was great.  There was a huge crowd there and it was nice not to have to be the hostess and get to relax and enjoy the time with friends.  Danielle Stevens and I are having a great time getting to really know one another...thanks Danielle, of course maybe it is because for years now I have said that her husband was my boyfriend because his name is Dustin and we call him Dusty and I said that way I wouldn't get confused on names...LOL.  But they are a great couple as well as this year we are getting to know his brother and sister-in-law Jared and Nikki.  But at the hog roast there was so much food and believe me not very much was left except some hog and chicken and it was very kind of Linda and Jim to offer us some to take home, dinner is served tonight!!
Sunday we went to get some new sun room furniture from Laura Wilson's parents.  The wicker set we had in the sun room was getting kind of worn and her folks were getting rid of some of their furniture and it was really nice.  Dylan had been spending the day with his Aunt Sarah and when he got home and saw the furniture he whooped and hollered and immediately flopped down on the love seat...that is why the wicker was getting a little broken down!!!  I looked out this morning and saw Dusty comfortably sitting in the chair reading.  He has been doing a great deal of reading this year and has way surpassed me in reading books.  Of course I had spent hours figuring out our Florida trip and now I am working on our trip West.  We will be taking the high northern route to WA state since we have never been that way and plan on stopping at the Mall of America in Minneapolis/St. Paul.  I do believe the highway is I-94 so if any of you have been that way and know of someplace for us to stop at please let me know.  We plan on visiting Dusty's dad and sister in Post Falls, Id and his aunt and uncle in Spokane,WA (cousins too) and then on to Puyallup, WA my home town to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary.  There we hope to see other family members and then stop by for at least lunch with my aunt & uncle in Portland, OR.  We will arrive in CA in time for Labor Day and Dylan to start school and spent a few days with Tina before we start our new job at Sugar Barge Resort on Bethel Island.  We also have two trips planned to the Napa Valley region one being with my niece and her boyfriend...which we are really looking forward too.  Twenty-five years we lived in CA and never made a trip there.  But we have booked our cottage and executive SUV all through Groupon and LivingSocial..seriously if you are not signed up for these great deals you need too and of course can let me know first and I will send you an email to do so and then I will get $10 and when you refer friends you will get $10.  So as usual busy busy busy.
Like I said before Dylan spent Sunday with is Aunt Sarah and they had a ball.  They went and played Laser Tag and had the whole place to themselves, went to the go-cart track and that was a first for Dylan, went to Tokens and Tickets, had lunch at Arby's where he had been wanting to go and dinner at Wild Wings....thank you Aunt Sarah for doing this with him he had a great time.  While he was off playing we were getting the new furniture and then we drove up to Bronson, MI for a steak dinner with Derek and Angel.  Now we have never been to a place that you could get a 30 oz Porterhouse steak for $22.95 that came with two sides!!!  The steak was cooked perfect and delicious and of course I shared with Dusty and even though it cost $4.00 for an plate it came with two sides of my choice...a great deal.  It was a beautiful drive up and was less then an hour away and it was so nice to get away and have an adult dinner and conversation...thank you Derek and Angel.  They have 3 boys so it was really nice for them to have an evening to themselves.
Bill's Steakhouse, Bronson, MI...can you see the sizes and prices...unbelievably!

Derek says now this is one big steak!

Dusty, myself, Angel and Derek..having a great meal


Dusty cutting into his steak...and yes he ate it all (OK he gave me some)!!

Jennifer my niece and her boyfriend Greg..aren't they a beautiful couple?

Scott being silly

Come on big brother wear my glasses says Haley


A beautiful full moon
So again the weekend was filled with food, friends and happily SUN!!!

No comments: